Text Credit to Ant James
10 Points to consider for perspective, when Western Media compares Russia to Nazi-Germany, during this military operation in Ukraine:
1. In 2014 the US sponsored a coup in Kiev with $5 billion and then handpicked a government that's illegitimate according to the UN Charter.
Therefore this isn't a war against "Ukraine" but a targeted strike against a foreign-imposed mob that's speaking on behalf of Ukraine, leading them to war from afar. [Proxy War]
2. When taking power by force in 2014, they immediately banned the Russian language from public mediums, even though a large proportion of Ukrainian citizens are Russian-speaking.
3. When the eastern regions then rejected this illegitimate government in Kiev and declared themselves independent, the US-imposed mob deployed their military into the eastern regions and have been shelling their homes for the past 8 years, killing 14,000 citizens so far.
4. After numerous repeated pleas by these break-away regions for support from Russia, Russia first tried every possible diplomatic avenue to resolve the issue, while Kiev have refused to implement the Minsk Accords (which all sides agreed to).
5. Only one week ago, did Russia finally decide to recognise these regions as independent states and agree to assist them militarily.
So certainly not an opportunistic land-grab by Russia, who had until now only been offering diplomatic support and taking in refugees along with humanitarian aid. Surely no trigger-happy country with imperial ambitions would wait 8 years to invade, after the pretext was already established by Kiev invading these regions from the very beginning...
6. The US have used their puppet-government in Kiev to authorise American military installations, as well as chemical/biological plants in Ukraine aimed at Russia.
The US have also publicly announced that they intend to build their missile batteries all over eastern Europe and if these continue into the easternmost break-away regions of Donetsk and Lugansk, they would be stationed only 400km from Moscow, allowing no response time- an unacceptable existinal national security threat for Russia.
7. Russia have engaged in a tactical strike that seeks to liberate the break-away regions after 8 years of genocide; to neutralise the threat posed by the Ukrainian military under command of the US through their illegitimate puppet-government and to remove all the military & chemical installations the US have built so far.
8. Putin provided warning to Ukrainian civilians and servicemen alike that the strikes were coming and advised them all to stay home, to minimise the loss of life. Surrendering Ukrainian soldiers have been looked after and corridors established for their safe travel.
9. After hitting a lot of key targets in the opening day (mostly by cruise missile strikes in the first hour), one should notice that the grid in Ukraine is still working, people still have electricity, the internet is working, water & gas continues to flow their homes and workplaces (especially important being winter over there now) and civilians have been avoided at all costs- compare this to any American invasion...
So every conceivable effort has been made to protect human life and not destroy anything that can be avoided.
10. Since the negotiations that led to the end of the Cold War, NATO has broken their promise not to extend eastwards towards Russia, after reunification of East & West Germany.
Instead NATO has continued with their aggressive encroachment right onto Russia's borders unabated.
Russia simply had to react at some point in time. The fact that it took 8 years demonstrates just how much restraint they have exercised.
While the West is characterizing this as 'big bad Russia invading small Ukraine' in a 'David vs Goliath' setting, in reality it is indeed David vs Goliath - but it's Russia who is David, trying to fight off the US and entire NATO bloc Goliath. [source]